Discover Toulouse in 3 days ? Yes, it is perfect to enjoy all that this beautiful city can offer to tourists :
- historical and cultural visits,
- walks and relax in a picturesque environment,
- discoveries and gastronomic pleasures,
- knowledge of aeronautics and space technology of which Toulouse is one of the best !
Spending 3 days in Toulouse – DAY 1
Usually, when I receive friends or family, I submit them a one-day itinerary to visit the must-see attractions of Toulouse on foot.
Spending 3 days in Toulouse – DAY 2
For tourists who want to spend a whole weekend in Toulouse, I propose to add the itinerary DAY 2 which you will find the detail in the following post :
Spending 3 days in Toulouse – DAY 3
Finally, for the lucky ones who will enjoy visiting Toulouse in 3 days, here are the possible programs for DAY 3.
In fact, I will propose full day or half-day programs to do or combine as you wish.
Visit Toulouse along the water
To spend a day in the green, in the shade of bicentenaries’s plane trees, you can walk, bike or barge to enjoy the Garonne, the Brienne Canal or the Canal du Midi.
- To walk along the canal, you will have to go to the center of Toulouse for a departure from “les allées de Brienne” ;
- If you prefer to take a bike ride, departure is from Port Saint-Sauveur in Toulouse and the arrival is at Port-Lauragais, Avignonet-Lauragais. Distance: about 50 Km.
- For a boat trip on the Garonne and the Brienne Canal, you have to go to the Quai de la Daurade, the St Sauveur port or the Port of the mouth( following the season …) https://www.bateaux-toulousains.com/fr/2-croisiere-promenade ;
- And finally, for a boat trip on the Canal du Midi, it is Villefranche de Lauragais 30 minutes from Toulouse that you embark for a full day trip with lunch on board. During this houseboat cruise you will discover a canal whose heritage is still preserved, rich in its many works of art: locks of the seventeenth century, navigation aqueducts, supply channels … http://www.lescroisieresendouce.com/
Visit Toulouse – The Cité de l’Espace
For those who dream of strolling on the moon, to embark “as in real life” on the Mir station, to touch the Ariane 5 rocket – in short for all those who have their heads in the stars … The Cité de l’Espace is waiting for you in Toulouse !
In this space city, you can :
- discover what life is like for an astronaut,
- learn about space exploration,
- see real space ships and moon rocks on display,
- watch a new IMAX film to learn about astronaut Thomas Pesquet’s mission.
When I visited this park, I spent one afternoon and it was perfect for me who is not a scientist … Space science enthusiasts can spend the complete day there !
What takes the most time are the 3D movies that have a real success in particular in the gigantic IMAX cinema. I advise you to go directly to organize sessions in priority.
Visit Toulouse – Aeroscopia Museum
Aeronautics is a must in Toulouse ! Indeed, Toulouse is married to Airbus and this for decades. On 15 000 m2 entirely dedicated to the aviation, you will discover the rich Toulouse aeronautical heritage : its past, the present but also the future of the aeronautical industry.
From Toulouse to Carcasonne City
You want to visit the Cité de Carcassonne, one of the most beautiful medieval cities in the world, listed as a Historical Monument and a World Heritage Site by UNESCO ?
It is quite possible to do it from Toulouse which is only 1 hour drive from Carcassonne ! Indeed, in the center of Toulouse, you can take a bus that will take you to discover the city of Carcassonne, the castle Comtal and the basilica Saint Nazaire.
Ideal for visitors looking to expand their experience with a day trip to another city to learn about local history and culture. Relax and enjoy the itinerary prepared for you with a guide.
Be carreful : These excursions are only available on Fridays in summer and on Sundays in spring and autumn.
From Toulouse to Albi and Cordes
Here is an excursion that I highly recommend from Toulouse: the day trip to Albi whose Cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and to Cordes which is a charming little medieval village.
See more of Toulouse with a day-trip to Albi and Cordes with a guide. Don’t worry about the hassles of driving, navigating, or translating, as you enjoy the itinerary prepared by your guide.
Every Thursday and Saturday in the summer, you can take a bus from the center of Toulouse to visit Albi and its Sainte Cécile Cathedral, the Toulouse Lautrec museum and the pretty village of Cordes sur Ciel.
To make these one days excursions, the bus will take you Place d’Arménie at 23 alley Jean-Jaurès in Toulouse. That’s why I’m recommending you to book a nearby hotel to save you time and simplify your day !
Best hotel in Toulouse – Place Jean-Jaures
The Citiz Hotel is a 4-star hotel with high-end services but with a price quite small !
Its location is ideal. Indeed, it is located on Allées Jean Jaures facing Place Wilson, 5 minutes walk from Capitole and 10 minutes from Matabiau train station.
Toulouse-Blagnac Airport is a 15-minute drive from Citiz Hotel. The airport shuttle bus stops right next to this hotel.
Best restaurant in Toulouse – My tip
Located next to the hotel at 14 Allée Franklin Roosevelt, you must go upstairs to discover the Eau de Folles restaurant.
With a retro decoration and its beautiful terrace, this restaurant offers good traditional French cooking made with fresh quality products.
If you are looking for
budget hotels in Toulouse
look at :