Too many beautiful places to visit in France ?
Imagine a coffee terrace in Montmartre, an afternoon to discover Impressionist paintings, a restaurant under the olive trees in a small village of Provence, a come back to the Middle Ages in the castle of Carcassonne, a day in vineyards with tasting of Bordeaux wines… : Yes you are in France !
It’s easy to choose France as a travel destination. But the most complicated, or the most pleasant if you are on my blog (!!!), will be to choose between : Sea or mountain ? City or countryside ? Star restaurants or little neighborhood bistros ? Paris or Bordeaux ? 7 days or 2 weeks ? South of France with their small fortified villages or Brittany and its windy coast or Paris with its wonderful monuments or the Côte d’Azur and its seaside resorts, Mont Blanc, Mont-St-Michel, the castles of the Loire … The list is infinite. So I stop here otherwise you will fall asleep !
My France also brings a mosaic of regions with marked cultural identities rich in know-how and traditions. Join the festivities that animate the small villages, meet the artisans and sit down to table, because the most delicious gastronomic specialties, including wines and cheeses, are waiting for you all over my country. You will also travel in France while eating and drinking !
Best places in France – My favorites
For best places to visit in France, first, I give you my own list and for each place, you can discover a special post with more informations and details…
Of course, my list has to begin with France’s capital city : PARIS. What would a stay in France be without a tour in Paris (Montmartre, The Tour Eiffel, the Champs Elysées, Notre dame…) ?
Then my favorites places are :
- In Alsace : Strasbourg, Christmas markets, Colmar, Alsace small villages ;
- In Aquitaine : Bordeaux, Saint-Emilion, Arcachon, the Pays Basque, the Landes, Dordogne (grotte de Lascaux) ;
- In Normandie : Mont Saint Michel, Les falaises d’Etretat, Rouen, Giverny ;
- In Brittany : The pointe du Raz, Belle Ile en Mer, Quibéron Island, Granit Rose coast, Britany small villages ;
- In the Centre : Val de Loire Castels, Tour, Villandry garden, Orléans, Bourges Sancerre and its wines ;
- In Auvergne : Volcans, Salers, Puy en Velay ;
- In Champagne-Ardenne : champagne vineyards, Reims and its catedral ;
- In Corse Island : Bonifacio, Calvi, Porto Vecchio beaches, agriate desert, Piana calanques ;
- In Languedoc-Roussillon : Camargue, Collioure, Carcassonne, Canal du Midi, Roussillon ;
- In Occitanie : Toulouse, Cordes-sur-Ciel, Albi, Castres, the Pic du Midi, Cirque de Gavarnie, Conques, Najac ;
- In Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur : Marseille, Cassis calanques, Martigues, Aix en Provence, Saintes Maries de la Mer, Avignon, Nice, Saint Tropez, Gorges du Verdon, Baux-de-Provence ;
- In Rhône-Alpes : Annecy, Lyon, Chambéry, The Mont Blanc.
I am sure there is more beautiful places in France, but I have not visited all the places in France yet !
Best places in France – How to select them ?
I am writing some posts to answer how to select places to visit according a 10 days trip in France and to show how to visit by car, train…
I just published (but others are going to be published very soon) :
Also, I am going to give you my cities itinerary with maps and detailed tour like :